Property investment

Take cover when investing in property

During your time abroad, you might consider buying a house back home, either to live in yourself, or as a non-owner occupied property. The Australian market is attractive due to its strong regulations, transparent buying processes and clarity of long-term title ownership.

You could be in a position to buy a property in cash, or perhaps a mortgage would suit your circumstances better.

Taking out life cover could protect your property investment and any other mortgages you currently hold, should you become unable to meet the repayments. Also, many international lenders or specialist brokers providing mortgages to expatriates insist on this level of protection insurance – so insurance is worth investigating.

Your financial adviser can help you put financial plans in place to safeguard your home and mortgage and to protect yourself, your family and your lifestyle. 

The information provided here does not constitute investment advice or an offer to provide any product or service by Friends Provident International.

Please seek professional advice, taking into account your personal circumstances, before making investment decisions. We can accept no liability for loss of any kind incurred as a result of reliance on the information or opinions provided here.

Next Steps

To help achieve your financial goals, it’s important that you get independent financial advice. You can only buy our products through a financial adviser, so please speak to yours for guidance. They will help ensure your plans are tailored to meet your needs. If you do not have a financial adviser click here